Ashcroft, providing the best start in life for all children.
Ashcroft Infant and Nursery School is a very special place; we value and cherish every child, creating a safe and happy place to each one to learn and achieve.
Ashcroft is a welcoming, safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment where all relationships, especially with the children, are built on mutual respect and trust. With this approach, we’re certain we’re ‘providing the best start in life for all children’.
Here at Ashcroft we have a wealth of early years’ experience and fully understand how young children learn best and thrive:
- We know that children need to feel safe and happy before they can learn and we do everything we can to make sure that happens.
- We know that all children are unique and tailor our approach to suit them as individuals.
- We strive to make sure that the needs of the whole child is met, including their academic, physical and mental wellbeing – we want our children to develop confidence and self-esteem alongside their academic progress.
- We are passionate about fostering independence and resilience in children in addition to encouraging creativity. The arts are highly valued as subjects in their own right, but they are also used as a vehicle to enhance outcomes in other subject areas.
- We recognise the value of being honest, caring and inclusive and we actively encourage these attributes and nurture them so that children become valuable members of society, and they are optimistic about their future.
Our safeguarding practices are robust and all children are given the highest degree of care. Equality is at the heart of our vision and we strongly believe that all children have an equal entitlement to the provision we offer.
The continuous professional development of our staff is essential to their ongoing learning and to school improvement generally. Staff are supported and encouraged to reflect upon their practice and to then refine it to meet the children’s needs.
We work collaboratively with other local schools and take part in regular peer reviews as well as working closely with our school improvement partner to ensure we are always doing what is best for our children.
We value and encourage relationships with our wider community; welcoming parents, visitors and community members into school to work with us and share in the development of our children.
Ashcroft Infant and Nursery School is located on the north side of Tamworth. We have a 45 place nursery and a pupil allocation number of 45 children in each year group (Reception – Year 2) – however we have the capacity for up to 60 in each year group. Children can attend our nursery from the term after their third birthday, providing we have places. Children leave us at the end of Year Two when they are 7 when they usually attend our nearest junior school – Flax Hill. We work closely with Flax Hill Junior Academy to ensure a smooth transition from Ashcroft into Year Three.