- To enable each child to reach his/ her potential as a valued member of Ashcroft.
- To develop positive relationships between home, school and the community.
- To encourage and foster curiosity enabling the pupils to be independent and creative learners.
- To further develop self-esteem and the ability to value each person’s own worth through a caring, secure environment.
- To provide a broad, balanced, differentiated curriculum which meets the needs of the individual children.
- To enable children to understand and become aware of the wider world and its cultures.
The DfE have recently reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
At Ashcroft Infant and Nursery School we take very seriously our responsibility to prepare children for life in modern Britain. As well as promoting the British Values within our curriculum and school life, we also celebrate and promote the Ashcroft School Values. They are:
- Ambitious – Ashcroft children have a strong drive for success. We have aims and goals and know what we want to achieve.
- Spiritual – Ashcroft children show a healthy, faithful and positive attitude, engaging with friends, family, the community and the wider world.
- Hardworking – Ashcroft children come to school with energy and enthusiasm for learning. We develop our skills of persistence, ensuring we do not give up on tasks set.
- Creative – Ashcroft children use their imagination and creativity to think up and design new ideas, to produce works of art and music, and to solve problems in new ways.
- Resilient – Ashcroft children show strength and success to complete tasks to the best of their ability, even when obstacles are in the way.
- Opportunities – Ashcroft children look for and enjoy new situations and activities, both in school and in the wider world.
- Friendly – Ashcroft children behave in a pleasant, kind and helpful way towards each other, treating staff and children with warmth and respect.
- Togetherness – The Ashcroft family show warmth, understanding and friendship to one and all. We work together in school and in teams to succeed.